TRANSLATION AND INTERPETING FOR PUBLIC SERVICES IN RUSSIA
The course introduces the specific field of Translation and Interpreting for Public Services. It is designed to train students to work in different social settings as mediators between Russian public service providers and foreigners who have been brought up within different cultures.
The course can be taught in the following language pairs:English –Russian, French -Russian, Spanish -Russian, German- Russian, Chinese-Russian,
The course includes the following modules:
- Translator’s professional standards and ethical principles of Translation for Public Services
- Translation in legal and administrative settings
- Translation in healthcare settings
LEGAL TRANSLATION AND INTERPRETING
Develops students' Knowledge, Skills and Abilities to interpret and translate legal texts to meet the current labor market requirements, through working within the following language pair combinations: Russian –English/ French/Spanish/German/ Chinese.
The course includes 3 modules:
· legal documents translation for commercial and private purposes
· legal translation and interpreting for law enforcement agencies and judicial proceedings
· computer assisted tools for legal translation
Period: June, 17 – June 31, 2013, July 8 - July 22, 2015
Course fee: EUR 700
LAWYER AT THE EUROPEAN COURT OF HUMAN RIGHTS
Course covers thestudy of lawyer’s work peculiarities at every stage of the trial, as well as the analysis of ECHR legal positions on key articles of
the Convention 1950 and its Protocols.
Lectures are given by professors, human rights defenders and lawyers with successful experience in submitting applications to the ECHR.
Control of knowledge received is organized in the form of a game: students prepare an applicationto the ECHR which is considered at the session imitatinghearingsat the ECHR.